[NSRCA-discussion] Ocala contest

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Mar 26 04:19:30 AKDT 2009

Geez!  The excuses some guys use.  John Fuqua was told by his wife
that he was attending the wedding of a distant relative in Little
Rock, so he wasn't there.  The Ocala Model Flying Model Club usually
has small, different color towels made up with a emblem on them that
includes Kingdom of the Sun Annual Contest and the contest date.  We
were invited to take one, so I selected a pretty pink one for John.

It was VERY windy.  On one flight, my airplane blew back over my head
and, before I could get control, I started feeling dizzy from looking
back and up so long.  I stumbled a couple of times, but finally
managed to save the airplane.

There were 24 contestants.  Jason won F3A over Chad Northeast and
Ivan Kristensen.  Mike Hester barely won over Jon Lowe.  Gary
Courtney won Advanced; I think Chris Odom was second.  My memory is
blank on the rest.

Ernie Meredith and Chris Hamel did their usual great job running the
contest.

I believe Jason took a bazillion pictures.

Ron Van Putte