[NSRCA-discussion] Electric X-mount questions

Richard Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 07:23:57 AKDT 2009

I used some stuff left over from an Impact E mounting kit to firewall mount an AXI in a Pinnacle.  One of the Items was a flat CF plate originally designed for a Plettenberg with a three point mount--and with the AXI, it did require the large hole in the firewall--or I was going to have to remove the 8mm adapater for installation or removal.  The three point mount seems to have a little too much flex for my taste so I've got a little internal debate on whether trash the entire three point set-up for a four point--or to do some remedial work on stiffening the three point involving some CF/balsa sandwich perpendicular stiffeners maybe 1/2" wide from the three hardpoints back to the fuse--not much weight and might do the trick.

RS