[NSRCA-discussion] Landings and Takeoffs

billglaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 6 06:35:07 AKST 2009

O.K., this has gone far afield since I originally started the discussion.  But, I believe it has blown away some of the smoke I had seen obscuring the subject/problem.
So:
If the airplane lands in the Landing Zone, (LZ) I will watch it for only the first 50 ft.and judge on that only.  (That was never my real question, but just for clarification.)
In the event the Landing Zone has been declared to be the entire mowed portion or some portion thereof, should the plane land at the far end of the strip, it will still be judged on the first 50 ft. of roll out, and, if it becomes entangled in the long grass, making it swerve, for example, it will be a downgrade.  If, for any reason, (including being in the rough; doesn't matter the reason) it should end up on it's back, it will be a zero.  Nosing over, ground looping, hooking a wing, etc. will be cause for a downgrade.  If it lands outside the LZ, but within the LA, it will be a downgrade, unless, within the first 50 ft. it should finish on it's back, (mandatory 0) or ground loop, or hook a wing, or nose over, but not turn over, it will be a downgrade based on the severity.
At least, that's my impression<G>  Thanks for y'all's patience.

Bill Glaze