[NSRCA-discussion] Masters 2009sequencediagrams are posted onthe NSRCA site

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Sun Mar 1 12:15:25 AKST 2009

As Jas says

FAI is different in this regard than Masters.

In FAI there is a general rule that each roll must have a definite start and stop to the roll element. As a result in FAI the rolls must have minimal hesitation.

In AMA pattern as defined by this rule the wing needs to come down and bounce the opposite direction.  Essentially for max score meaning no downgrade for this the wing needs to hit perfectly level and immediately go the other direction.

This is a 2pt roll....that does not mean it has 2 points it means it has 2  ½ rolls.  Count the rolls not the points.

Same issue in a 4pt roll....same issue in other figures. They are hesitation rolls. And the rolling element is the important part.

Up until P-09 the FAI (2) ½ rolls reversed had the reversal immediate as well. In the current P-09 and later the pause between the ½ rolls is defined as the length of the roll element. This is not the case in AMA pattern

We need to keep these two definitions separated. They are different.

Troy