[NSRCA-discussion] Jim Hubbard Memorial Chicago Contest

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 05:04:39 AKDT 2009

 Hey to everyone who came to the contest. I think I speak for everyone from the "Mob" that it was heartwarming to see the support.
 I checked the weather report and it said we had gusts up to 40 MPH yesterday.Oh really? Felt like more to me. The turbulance was as bad as anything I have ever experienced before. Lots of E. guys were using up their mils. Lots of broken landing gears and wheel pants but nothing terrible. It was so bad landing that people were clapping if you didn't damage your plane.
 We had a huge field in FAI and the skill level was very high. Makes me very proud to see the midwest having viability again. I get the feeling that pattern flying in our area is getting stronger and gaining some much needed momentum despite the sagging economy. I can't wait to see the new blood the Peoria contest will introduce to the sport. It should be interesting. Take care and see you at the Nats soon. Mike