[NSRCA-discussion] Sunglasses

steve hannah shannah1806 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 21:16:55 AKDT 2009

It really comes down to personal preference.  I like the gray polarized
lenses best, even in cloudy conditions.  For me, when I put on those yellow
or pink glasses they wash everything out.  If find that they highlight the
background glare, at least to my eyes.  It cranks up the light intensity and
I can't see as well.  Sounds odd, but that's the way it is to me.  My
polarized lenses cut the glare of the cloudy light.  If it is too cloudy for
them then I wear my standard clear glasses or for you young or lucky guys
then you don't need to wear anything.  Glare is the enemy in cloudy
conditions. I don't like the yellow or pink lenses in that regard.

By the way, I find that those Oxai pale blue planes stand out much better in
the cloudy conditions than the traditional white planes.  I think Naruke was
on to something there.  The Japanese guys fly in clouds a lot and that color
is great in the clouds... at least for me.