[NSRCA-discussion] Weight

Doug Cronkhite seefo at san.rr.com
Fri Jun 5 03:52:14 AKDT 2009

Any change in rules for current technology is quickly going to become a
case of chasing your tail. This argument is really no different
conceptually than the one to allow bigger 4-cycle engines years ago.
Just leave things alone.

Electric airplanes are really one power system evolution away from being
completely dominant performance-wise. With as much money going into
battery technology development as there is today (green power and all
that), we're just not that far away from seeing that evolution. Consider
that 5 years ago, electrics were pretty much in their infancy in this
arena. Just look at how much batteries have evolved since then. I'd give
glow another 3 - 4 years before it's obsolete.