[NSRCA-discussion] Long - RE: Weight

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Thu Jun 4 14:30:40 AKDT 2009

Right, then we'd have Pattern looking just like the Indy Racing
League and NASCAR -- everyone driving the same thing, and all
innovation is thoroughly stifled.  I grew up on USAC racing in the
Midwest -- they ran Offenhauser 4-cylinder engines for a long time,
until Ford and some of the other engine builders learned how to
compete, then we were back to good variety and honest
competition.  Then ole Tony George took over when Tony Hullman died,
and single handedly destroyed that.  Now NASCAR has done the same
thing -- take a body/chassis, put a sticker on it, and call it a
"Ford" or whatever.

At 06:12 PM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
>The goal is to make things cheaper for a 2 meter setup,  if the goal
>was just to make it cheaper than just define a specific mass
>produced arf as the standard setup and require everyone to fly the
>same setup...

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Webmaster & Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.