[NSRCA-discussion] Weight

Dave Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 4 08:14:08 AKDT 2009

I think it's perfectly logical considering that the E-plane can't take off
if the batteries aren't onboard.

If you install the batteries it still can't takeoff because they are not
charged.

Ok.then they get charged..

Oh.sorry..the fuel is weightless.

Fuel the 10lb G-plane and it weighs about 20 oz more..

Add the CDI spark box at 4oz, remove 8 oz (weight) of G-fuel...voila.11
pounds takeoff weight.

This is why it IS logical to weigh E-planes with batteries...charged or not.

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net