[NSRCA-discussion] Weight

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Wed Jun 3 10:19:33 AKDT 2009

Eventually I think pattern will be all electric, but this is still a ways
off. Electric car development will utilize battery technology that we can
eventually use. This will be billions in development-good thing the US car
industry has such an efficient, reliable finance partner.

Changing the rules like Dave says will quickly be behind the curve.
Besides, eliminating the weight limit will result in Biplanes  going to
Triplanes. Everyone knows that Triplanes score better than Biplanes. Then
comes Quadwings, on and on.

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apertures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering
Raytheon

"Dave" <DaveL322 at comcast.net>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
06/03/2009 12:51 PM
Please respond to
General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

<verne at twmi.rr.com>, "'General pattern discussion'"
<nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Weight

Verne,

You probably want to keep the mah limit at 5300....because at a 5S
configuration, that is the maximum size allowed by TSA for airline travel
(based on watts, equivalent lithium content, etc.....5s5300 works out to
be
98.5% of what is allowed, based on nominal voltage of 3.7 per cell).

The price of motors and batteries is rapidly dropping....by the time you
would get a rule proposal completed, approved, and in place, technology
will
have solved the problem.  What will not change is the price of the top end
electric and glow setups - they will always be expensive, as that is the
nature of the latest/greatest/best.

Regards,

Dave