[NSRCA-discussion] Weight

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Wed Jun 3 07:49:45 AKDT 2009

The bottom line is this: the current rules encourage you to build a lighter plane no matter what power system you use. What's wrong with that? If you change the rules to allow heavier airplanes (of any type), then things will get weird. Right now the glow and electric airplanes are competitive with each other and both can make weight if you pay attention to details. Personally I don't like the way the rules are written because yes, there is a disparity between the electric vs. glow requirements but as I said, the bottom line is the current rules encourage you to build lighter. I don't see a problem with that.

John Pavlick