[NSRCA-discussion] Quick Integral Hacker install question

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 28 17:47:04 AKDT 2009

I am trying to install a Hacker C50 14XL Comp in an Integral and have a couple of quick questions.

1. The Integral kit comes with a number of carbon fiber type mounts designed to be used with the Hacker or similar motor setups. The design is for the front and the rear of the motor to be supported by these formers. The rear one is shaped like a half circle and goes around the back of the Hacker for rear support. There are a couple different ones that could potentially be used up front, one is a circle like a nose ring that could be used and the other is shaped like a diamond and also fits the front of the gearbox and would mount to the hardwood ring on the front of the fuse.

The question: Is either of those a "better" option for mounting the front of the motor? It is one or the other correct? Are they made to be doubled up and work together? I only ask because they are extremely light and I want to make sure I have the strength up front that I need.

2. There is a C clip on the front of the gear box just in front of the front bearing, Does the press fit drive washer torque down directly on that C clip or is there something that is supposed to go between that clip and the drive washer? I want to make sure before I get to cranking on the drive washer and little split bushing thing and forever press it onto that clip and bind the bearing up so it doesn't spin.

TIA for any help you can give me concerning installing the Hacker in the Integral.
Anthony