[NSRCA-discussion] Collision Avoidance Breaks

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Jul 27 18:26:54 AKDT 2009

I have seen this rule used. In fact, someone flying MY plane had a midair and continued the round with another plane.

It is interesting to note that the other person in this incident did not think he was in a midair, but even though he was told several times that he WAS in a midair, he finished flying his round anyway (in violation of the rule??). If the judges knew he was involved in a midair, should they stop judging the round, according to the rule?

Bob R.

--- On Mon, 7/27/09, John Pavlick <jpavlick at idseng.com> wrote:

Wow, I didn't see this rule either. I've never actually seen it put to use. Every time I've witnessed a midair, whoever was involved either landed immediately or picked up the pieces and flew another plane in the next round. I've never seen someone try to resume a flight from the point of a midair.

John Pavlick