[NSRCA-discussion] K-Factor morphed into Grow Pattern

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Jan 31 09:51:25 AKST 2009

Derek Koopowitz wrote:

> The AMA has indicated to us that this will be considered - it will
> definitely be a rules proposal if everyone agrees.

Learning how to fly new and unusual schedules is one of
the skills needed in the highest class.  If I'm not
mistaken, there is some kind of "unknown" schedule put
together the night before finals.  I saw the finalists
negotiating the schedule in 2008.  Next day, most of them
were working with hand-held stick planes to practice
the "unknown" schedule while waiting to fly them for
real.

It was pretty exciting.

Troy Newman demoed the flight for the judges and
(I heard) did a great job finding his way through
the maneuvers.

I'm at the bottom of the heap (I've flown Sportsman
twice, years ago) looking up.  But from this lowly
perspective and speaking only for one (1) low-class
pattern wannabe, I wouldn't object to the schedule
being changed every year.

And past year's schedules should be left available
so that pattern worms could try flying different
schedules and working on maneuvers not in this
year's schedule.

				Marty