[NSRCA-discussion] Grow Pattern

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Jan 31 06:41:06 AKST 2009

John Pavlick wrote:

> ... I noticed
> that there is some stuff on the NSRCA site that explains how to get
> started in Pattern.

If anyone wants to add to that material, feel free.

We can make you an administrator on the site so that you
can add material, edit articles, make menus, etc.

Or you can compose in your own favorite format and send
it to me (moleski at canisius.edu) or the webteam
(nsrca-webteam at lists.nsrca.org) and we can create the
article for you.

Two articles that would be nice--if they were kept
up-to-date--would be "Your first gas-powered
pattern plane" and "Your first electric-powered
pattern plane."  Or something along those lines.

It seems to me that the plans market has not kept
pace with the developments in pattern design
(understandably).  Some friendly scratch builder
might want to write an article like "So you want
to build your own pattern plane?"

Next level up: "So you want to design your own
pattern plane?"

Once upon a time, there was a book about building
pattern planes.  I think it went out of print.
I have a copy.  It's a good book, but it deals
with state-of-the-art from the 1990s.

We might think of a "Best of K-Factor" set of
articles aimed at beginners.

We can have a board just for beginners if
Stuart, the Forum Master, agrees.

The theory of a content management system (CMS)
is that "content is king."  We're using Joomla
as our CMS.  I think it is serving us well.
We could use more and better content ...

			Marty