[NSRCA-discussion] Electronic versus Paper K-Factor Poll

Lisa & Larry lld613 at psci.net
Wed Jan 28 15:47:09 AKST 2009

To emulate IMAC.Interesting.

I believe Pattern is a different niche than IMAC. It appears that the appeal
to the plane is where the difference is. The newer pilots prefer IMAC type
aircraft. Gas engines are cheaper to run in these days.The cost of competing
is nominally the same as pattern until you get to the upper classes (read as
bigger planes).

The News Letter / K-Factor.I really don't think this is going to get pattern
attendance closer to IMAC. The solution is in the fundamentals of business.
Marketing is the key.The problem is that Pattern will probably never get
close to mass production of IMAC aircraft per say because the demand isn't
there. Mike Hester's company is probably the closest thing in the US in kit
production of Pattern style aircraft either ARF or stick kits (wood kits).

So until we get a good solid market strategy, I don't think the K-Factor
will have an affect on the growth of pattern. On the other hand, if we
ignore those who enjoy the K-Factor as it is.We may loose another group that
just hangs on because of it.

I would like to see the K-Factor remain as a paper copy and made available
on-line for others to opt out if desired.

Larry Diamond

NSRCA 3083

AMA 5024

  _____