[NSRCA-discussion] BOLLY out of business

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Jan 16 10:16:26 AKST 2009

One problem with swept gear hasn't been mentioned.  If an airplane
drops into the runway, as they sometimes do for many of us, the load
is vertically applied to the gear/mounting plate on a straight gear.
However, on a swept gear, there is also a nose-down bending moment,
which is a function of the sweep angle.  Airplanes with swept landing
gears must have beefier (heavier) mounting plate attachment.

Ron VP