[NSRCA-discussion] Carbon Fiber Landing Gear

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 07:52:57 AKST 2009

Both plus axles....Gear without pants are.....well....naked, if you
pardon the pun.

My gear struts for wet power 2 meter jobs weigh in at 33-35 grams each
and the pants, around 11-12 grams. The gear struts for electrics are
substantially longer and weigh about 40 grams each. The axle is
designed such that it captures and secures not only the wheel but the
whole pant as well. That's the innovation Richard talked about.

BUT don't expect me to get back into building these any time soon. I am
only interested in licensing the design to folks who have the skill and
time.

HOWEVER, an article for Model Aviation is not out of the question for
"U-Build" gear sets. Is anyone interested in such an article?

Matt