[NSRCA-discussion] BOLLY out of business

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Thu Jan 15 20:24:46 AKST 2009

Gray,
 Good ideas. Some thoughts:
Yes, splitting them isn't so much the problem. Two-piece gear is plenty strong but there does need to be a reasonable amount of surface area there. Some of the Bolly gear gives you very little to work with.

Some designs still need the swept gear so that may complicate things.

The twisting is annoying. If there is a way to reduce that while still providing some flex to absorb the shock of landing then that would be great.

While we're on the subject of landing gear - what is the best mounting bolt pattern? I've seen quite a few different arrangements.What works and what doesn't?

John Pavlick