[NSRCA-discussion] Foamy Night Flying

Woodward, Jim (US SSA) jim.woodward at baesystems.com
Tue Jan 13 12:35:35 AKST 2009

Guys,

Slightly off topic - the best weather year round is at night where I
live.  I also saw one of the latest MA where Yuri had placed LED lights
on the wing tips, that shined back on this wings and fuselage.  The
description made it sound like the night time visual was as if a
spot-light was following the plane everywhere it went.

What is the best solution for foamies?  I see that
www.shulmanaviation.com sells mini-lights and have seen them installed a
friends plane, but did not see it night fly.

Has anyone tried the "Yuri" method where light shines back on the plane,
or used the ones noted above where the clear, red, green lights on on
the tips.

All suggestions and experiences welcome

Thanks,

Jim