[NSRCA-discussion] 8611 on rudder

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 9 06:00:47 AKST 2009

Yeah, that's kind of where I think I will stay.  I just have a couple of these 8611's sitting here doing nothing, so I figured I would fish around a little bit.  I haven't had any issues at all with oscillation with the 8411's on any of the 2M bird rudders.  That's generally an issue with one or more of these factors:

- Cables way too tight, or way too loose (usually too tight)
- Rudder too heavy
- Linkage geometry error
- Worn pot
- Too much caffeine