[NSRCA-discussion] 8611 on rudder

Dave Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 8 23:28:27 AKST 2009

I started using an 8611A after I noticed that the 8411A would go into
oscillation because of the tension on the PP wires.

Supposedly, the center dead band was set too tight for a rudder application
and I believe it was Troy that pointed out the 8611A was the way to go for
this application.

Apparently it has a slightly wider dead band that fixes this problem...more
power too.

Thanks Troy...

I haven't had any more problems..well, with the rudder anyways..

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net