[NSRCA-discussion] Happy New Year

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Thu Jan 8 09:11:04 AKST 2009

Mike Hester wrote:

> Yeah I would LOVE to find a NIB OPS!!!! Those were some pretty
> under-rated engines.

I have a NIB OPS .67 ducted fan engine on sale
for $105 (what I paid for it).

Matching tuned pipe for $40.

Plus shipping.

It's not the OPS you're looking for, of course.

I can put up pix and scan the instructions if
anyone is interested in this.

It has the wierdest throttle I've ever seen.
It runs in and out rather than round and
round, if you know what I mean.  (I'm not
sure I even know what I mean.)

Gold anodized head.

The box calls it a 67 Super RCA.

Rear induction, rear exhaust.

Stock header.

Looks like it has the number of the beast
on the backplate: 666?

Parts list calls it an OPS 65 Speed.
Dated January 1981.

AH.  A July, 1984, insert says:
"OPS 67 Super.  All 67 new parts
fit also 65 engines and vice versa."

They want you to use 45% to 55% nitro fuel (!).

Imported by Shamrock Competition Imports, Inc.
New Orleans.

I bought this by accident in one of my earliest
forays into the internet.

			Marty