[NSRCA-discussion] Random tip on ATV and setup

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Feb 19 16:55:44 AKST 2009

Don,

If I am understanding this correctly, the servos are actually moving the same speed (degrees/second). However, because of the mechanical setup differences, the two servos were having to travel different amounts to get the two elevator halves to move the same amount. Regardless, you are correct that a problem in the linkage geometry should never be corrected using radio settings.

The step size of the 1024 Futaba radio is fixed, at 1.17us. I discovered this when I wrote about the Futaba radios in the Kfactor back in Jan '95.

http://www.toprudder.com/hobbies/fut7uap.pdf

Bob R.