[NSRCA-discussion] Marty

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 09:21:20 AKST 2009

I am enjoying this discussion. It has been enlightening. My old computer
lost a hard drive about 5 years ago which I replaced with a larger one
because it was inexpensive, thinking I could use it in the shop to run CAD
and maybe an NC router.
My replacement computer running XP has 75 GB drive with 35 used. Just a
little over 10% of that 35 is personal information files, including digital
photos. As a reference a typical file folder containing model development
files such as my Option-120 rev-A,B&C, have several large highly detailed
CAD drawings and many digital construction photos is only about 500 MB.
There has to be about a thousand Microsoft updates and every time I ask the
computer to do something it acts like it is looking at every one of them,
checking for applicability. Now they tell me I need a different keyboard in
order to install service pack 3, and of coarse a bunch more updates to that.
It's getting to where it needs to be replaced or flushed out. Maybe I should
look into an Apple replacement. Do they become as constipated?
Jim