[NSRCA-discussion] Marty

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 07:34:13 AKST 2009

Good idea!
Guys like me love old hand-me-downs cheap or even free...
Last week I brought a  2002 Dell into the shop that would hardly do
anything. As it turns out it was a 2.3 G cpu with XP home AND all the
original disks. The 128M of memory worked OK with the reloaded  original OS
but choked up badly as more updates were installed. In fact here was not
enough memory to even install Acrobat 9 reader! 1 gig of memory from ebay
was $30 which solved all the problems.

Amazon.com has a 1 Terabyte Seagate External USB Drive on sale for $99.  I
prefer Seagate because they have a free disk utility (Disk Wizard) that is
very user friendly. It requires that one disk needs to either a Seagate or
Maxtor.

John Ferrell  W8CCW

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing." -- Edmund Burke
http://DixieNC.US