[NSRCA-discussion] Marty

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Sun Feb 15 16:10:03 AKST 2009

Honestly?  The best choice is to just run Virtual machines.  They're MUCH easier to back up (they copy as a single file), much easier to restore (copy back previously mentioned single file) and they can run on a variety of OS's.  I'm running on a Mac with Virtuals for XP, Vista, and Linux.   No need to run bloated Anti virus software because if I get a virus, I just reload the virtual...takes about 5 min.

To keep things simple, I don't keep any data on the virtual, but store all of that on a shared space between the virtual OS and the native OS (Mac OS 10.5)

-Mark
PS - Preference for virtuals is VMWare.