[NSRCA-discussion] Electric/IC ...was Arming Plug/Receptacle Problem

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 18:55:52 AKST 2009

I don't think the motors are the expensive part anymore. $3000 plus for an airframe is where the $$$ are spent. Not sure where money came into this. Heck, I'll spend the $700 on a motor easy.. It's the airframe where the money lies.

I do agree though, if we do away with the weight limit, planes may increase in size (within the 2m box).. But I have seen them get too big and wide, and resize somewhat back down to a decent size. But what if we were even taking off? Or even even half way through a tank of fuel? That makes us equal. Do we need to be? Not in my opinion!!! If I'm at a disadvantage, c'mon and fly against me.. I'll show you how the underdog can fly.. lol..

Good points Mark!!! Well, till the analog servo's part.. haha
But remember, with changing technology, always comes other changes. Always.. E might not be best for all, but some like it. Some don't.

Heck, with new technology, most people wouldn't want the E version of the Kfactor. But they do!!!!!! Should we limit this technology? Or adapt to change?

Chris