[NSRCA-discussion] Question for Integral drivers running glow

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 05:33:28 AKST 2009

In a message dated 2/7/2009 9:17:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ed_alt at hotmail.com writes:

I'm debating whether to use the elevator control  horns that are provided
with the Integral.  The concern is that the holes  will wear due to oil & grit
getting in there.  It might be better to  go with a system where I can replace
the control arm portion when  necessary.  What does experience in the field say?

The holes DO in fact wear fairly quickly.
 I have moved to new holes twice already.
I have heard it is an easy repair when you run out of acceptable hole
locations.
Make the holes bigger and insert a bearing or bushing. You could actually  do
that first.

If I were to do it over I would use a different horn.

Carl
Although I haven't had to do it yet.
net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)