[NSRCA-discussion] Cell Pro chargers

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 05:19:49 AKST 2009

I have the 10S and love it. . . when its working.  I just sent mine back in
for the second time after getting some cryptic error message that wasn't in
the book.  So far, they have repaired it for no cost other than shipping.
Make sure you have a power supply with some grunt, especially if you're
going to charge a few A123's since it will draw 25Amps right at the start.

As for the interface, it is very cumbersome to program using the two
buttons.  You really need to get the two-way serial cable and access the
innards thru your computers USB port.  I take my laptop out to the garage
every once in a while and plug it into the 10S.  When I start up the 10S
software, it automagically updates itself over my home's WiFi and then I can
update the chargers firmware.  The software is also the key to programming
several presets to use for your different batteries.

As for the bad components, what can you say.  They are mass produced in Asia
just like every other electronic stuff we have.  So far they have been great
repairing and returning anything I've sent them.

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN
khoard at gmail.com