[NSRCA-discussion] YS DZ operation

Troy Newman troy at troynewman.net
Wed Feb 4 13:19:40 AKST 2009

John,

1) Yes the foam clunk should solve your issues. Also a different shape tank can help this issue. Short and fat vs long and skinny can make a difference here. Just stick the foam clunk in it.

2) the foam clunks last a ling time. I have them a couple years old in some models. Central has them. One of the heli shops sells replacement  foam sleeves. There are called "Fuel Magnets" The price is like $25-26 for 3 sleeves. These don't last as long as the YS originals so its a wash. Just drain the tank each day and the clunk will last longer.

3) hopper tank not needed. But use a really flexible fuel tube in the tank with the foam clunk. you want it to flop all around even forward if needed. This allows the foam clunk to stay in the fuel all the time. A stiff pickup tube even with the foam clunk will burp at the end last 2oz. the flexible line will not burp it will just run out. Sullivan 1/2A fuel tubing is what I use. Don't worry about the dia and fuel flow its plenty....I have been doing it a long time and works great this way.

4) If you use a hopper tank use a foam clunk in both. But I have been running 2-3yrs now on no hopper tank. Just a   20oz main with the super flexible fuel line for pickup tube (Sullivan 1/2A tubing)

Don't use the Dubro filter clunk as it will dissolve over time and send the grit chunks through the motor.

Troy Newman
Team YS