[NSRCA-discussion] YS DZ operation

Ryan Smith smaragdz at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 4 07:48:37 AKST 2009

John,

You need a foam clunk. That breaks up the air bubbles that go into the clunk
line so that you have a constant fuel supply. I think heli places have foam
clunks, but a friend of mine bought one from there and it was like $25. I
think Du-Bro makes some kind of clunk with foam in it, but I've never used
one on a DZ. A header tank does not eliminate the need for a foam clunk.
You'll run the foam clunk in the header tank, and you can run a regular
clunk in the main tank. I've always used a header tank with the DZs, a lot
of other guys say it's not necessary, and I think pretty much all the
Japanese do not run a header tank.

I hope this helps.

Ryan