[NSRCA-discussion] PPG Concept Paint Qs

patterndude at tx.rr.com patterndude at tx.rr.com
Thu Dec 24 08:42:34 AKST 2009

I agree with Tim, especially the fact that a near constant temp will minimise air expansion/contraction and slow the spoilage.  but I would add that I've had real good results with a trick that can be used on anything where air and moisture are a problem. Get a can of "wine preserver". Its just a can of compressed nitrogen with a straw applicator. N is heavier than air so a layer quickly sprayed in the can before capping will isolatr the material. It works for half empty fuel jugs, paint, and of course wine. Also, I keep the seal clean and add a layer of saran plastic wrap under the cap to improve the seal.
   Using this I've kept hardeners for at least 2 seasons without spoilage. Might be longer but I buy the smallest cans available and usually use it up by then

Hope that helps

Lance
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T