[NSRCA-discussion] Honeywell generator question

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 22 16:48:30 AKST 2009

Brian,

Basically, I've been charging some 2s1p730 and smaller sized packs at 2C for
a couple years, and while none have more than maybe 50 cycles, I can't
measure any difference in performance compared to another pack of the same
age that has always been charged at 1C.

I think the oldest Prolite V2 I have that is 2C charging is 3s2100, and it
has about 20 cycles (not enough to know anything).  And about the same for a
4s2250 ProPower at 3C charging.  From talking to TP at NEAT this past fall,
they've not seen any reduction in cycle life with 2C charging (using TP
chargers and balancers) on the Prolites, and 3C (or maybe he said 4C)
charging on the ProPower packs.

My pattern stuff I charge at 10s, so the charger is pretty much maxed out at
1C.

The benefit of faster charging really decreases once you get to 3C...there
is still the ramp up/down time, but as I get new packs, I'll be charging at
2 or 3C as long as the charger can keep up.  I'll wait for Chad's report on
his first foamy pack to hit 100 cycles at 5C charging. <G>

Regards,

Dave