[NSRCA-discussion] YS110S fuel tank. Do others do this?

Bob Lavey bob.lavey at cox.net
Wed Aug 26 06:38:48 AKDT 2009

Hi Ihncheol,

I have several of the new-style and older YS 110s, and I've never seen that
happen.  I almost never burn off the unused fuel, though.  If I'm going to
be putting one up for more than a couple of weeks, I'll run it dry and add
after-run, but I fly my main two every couple of days.

Perhaps it's a difference in the style of tanks we're using?  All of mine
are using Hayes tanks, and that doesn't look like what you have.

The other thing is that I'd expect the check valve to allow air to come into
the tank as the fuel was being sucked out.  Unless I'm mistaken, the check
valve keeps air/fuel from going out of the tank but not in.  Perhaps there's
a problem with your check valve?

Thanks,
Bob

  _____