[NSRCA-discussion] SD-10

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 16:57:58 AKDT 2009

I'm curious about the stick inputs. I believe the manufacturers are all
still using pots, so they must have an A/D converter for each stick
input in order to input the data into the processor. Most of the
converters are less than 11 bits and even then the least significant
bits are noisy. If you can get 8 solid bits of data you are doing well.
Unless the manufacturers are doing something very special, it appears to
me that the stick inputs will be the limiting factor for resolution.

John