[NSRCA-discussion] SD-10

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Aug 25 11:23:36 AKDT 2009

To say the 1024 is good enough, well, that answer isn't good enough. :-)  The problem is that ANY error in position, whether linkage slop, servo resolution, etc, can be cumulative. I suspect that for pattern applications, 1024 is adequate. However, for guys that have IMAC planes that also do 3D freestyle with the same plane, 2048 might be better, but it really only matters when the stick is around neutral. Once you deflect the stick I don't think anyone can tell the difference between 2048 or 1024, or even 256 (yes, I had a radio with 256 resolution once -- sucked!!).

Bob R.