[NSRCA-discussion] A different JR question - dual R921 receivers

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 24 16:31:52 AKDT 2009

This is for anyone who has been successfully flying a dual R921 receiver installation.  I've got a 40% gasser that I've flown with a single R921 receiver, no problems.  However I recently upgraded with a 2nd receiver for that little extra bit of insurance.  It works and all, but the other morning when I was doing final bench checks before flying it, I noticed that what I think may be some interaction between the two main receivers.  It happens about every 5th or 6th time that I turn them both on, where one of them, sometimes both of them will experience fades on one or both receivers in the main unit. The total fades usually just keeps climbing, sometimes rapidly, sometimes not, and sometimes it stabilizes.  The remotes never have a problem.

So I am currently assuming that it is just that I have them a little too close to each other.  They are relatively close, set at 90 degree angles to each other, about 2 3/4" apart at the closest corners (the connecter ends).  I was wondering what kind of results others are having.  I can certainly re-do the installation, but if there is already a minimum separation "rule" to observe, I would like to just plan for using that.

Thanks
Ed