[NSRCA-discussion] FAT Rudder

Phil Spelt chuenkan at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 03:51:10 AKDT 2009

Bob,

I would really appreciate a write-up on what causes the need for
right thrust (spiraling air stream from the prop hitting the
rudder??), and what to do to correct it.  What was about the EU-1A
that fixed it?

Many thanks,

At 07:18 AM 8/24/2009, you wrote:
>For many years, the common explanation for right thrust was torque,
>and many people still believe that. This is a case of misdiagnosis.
>If it is properly diagnosed, a real fix is much more likely to
>happen, but doing so with variable thrust is not, IMHO, the best way
>to fix it. It can be fixed aerodynamically, but then you run into
>the "but it doesn't look cool" syndrome.

-->There are only two types of aircraft -- fighters and targets.

Phil Spelt, Webmaster & Past President, Knox County Radio Control Society, Inc.