[NSRCA-discussion] FAT Rudder

Rex trexlesh at msn.com
Sun Aug 23 12:51:51 AKDT 2009

You're gonna make my head hurt!  lol

Rex

From: jnhiller at earthlink.net
To: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:37:48 -0700
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] FAT Rudder

Hi Rex, that caught my eye right away, in-flight thrust adjustment.
Mount the motor on a flexible rubber sheet donut shaped disk and move the rear of the motor with two servos (V&H axis), mixing as needed. Maybe clamp onto the front housing behind the drive washer. Might have to run a 4+" spinner.
Since I'm in the middle of designing a new airframe anyway I will ruff out a drawing and bring it to Creswell.
When I get the header for the 1.60 I was going to breadboard the power system for a backyard run-up to get an idea what the tune length would need to be. Maybe I could check out some thrust vectoring ideas with the same set-up. Might not happen until I get back from the Scale Masters though.
Jim