[NSRCA-discussion] Stupid accident

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Sat Aug 22 22:17:30 AKDT 2009

Budd Engineering wrote:
> That's why I do a "polarity check", i.e. I verify that each channel is
> moving in the proper direction before continuing.  I also set up all
> my pattern planes so that even if I have the wrong model selected, the
> worse that can happen is I takeoff and my trims are off a bit (only
> did that once, and I caught it before I finished the downwind trim pass).

Every full size pilot knows the term during run up where you check that
your controls are free AND correct!!. I do like Jerry does as much as
possible as well. That's one thing I like about my 14MZ while it will
let me choose the wrong model at least it also lets me put a small photo
of it on the screen as if to say "well, I tried".