[NSRCA-discussion] New Vehicle

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Fri Aug 21 06:21:15 AKDT 2009

If you have Stow-N-Go in both the 2nd and third rows I think you could do this. Some of the early vans came with Stow-N-Go in the third row only. Mine was like this but I converted it to the full setup with 2nd row seats from a wrecked 2005 Caravan. Actually I think you could bring 2 airplanes and 4 people. a small dog would probably be OK - a large one probabaly wouldn't. I had mine set up for 3 airplanes and 3 adults by using one of the second row seats behind the driver. The rest were folded into the floor to make room for airpplaens and equipment. In your case you could also flip one of the third row seats up for the 4th person. The airplanes go on a home-made PVC rack on the passenger side. When the seats flip up there is a lot of storage area in the floor area where the seats go when they're folded up. For the second row seats this storage area is covered by an access door. Transmitters and support equipment can go in here. For the third row
 seats it's just a big trough in the floor. You can easily put a beer cooler or luggage in there. :) If you get creative you can pack a LOT of stuff into one of these vehicles. Sometimes you have to be careful of the order in which things go in and come out but it can be done easily with some practice. Don't forget you can also put a luggage carrier on the roof rack.

John Pavlick