[NSRCA-discussion] Full Flying Stab

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 14 18:12:01 AKDT 2009

I was thinking of using a fixed pivot tube and rotate each half taking
advantage of the longer bearing surface using a full pull-pull cable control
from a forward bell-crank similar to my present elevator control system. I
think I will start detailing the construction and see how it works out. It's
not a lot different than an adjustable stab but the devil is always in the
details. Before using CAD I sometimes erased holes in the paper before
committing. I don't know how much deflection will be needed. The glider guys
say not much, which offers considerable rotational reduction from the servo
reducing the effect of gear-train backlash also. Might be worth a try. A
couple tabs on the stab root rib could fix the stabs in place and elevators
come right off with a pass through the table saw.
Jim