[NSRCA-discussion] A really big thank you to everyone who madethe Weak Signals Precision Aerobtics contest a success

colin chariandy cchariandy at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 13 08:05:59 AKDT 2009

Mike I still see my YS as a monster waiting to get me but I have managed to keep it performing well for the last 200+ flights using these guides:

1. The HS needle seems to be more leanient to richer settings so I have always run it at or above 2 turns out.
2. I leaned the pump a little to improve the idle but I don't think one needs to mess with it much.
3. Change the plug every 50-60 flights...I'm using OS F type.
4. Adjust valve clearences when you change the plug and keep them on the low side of the range.
5. Ensure the exit hole in the cowl is BIG...really BIG.
6. I never run the engine dry. I close the throttle at the end of the flight and de-fuel.
7. Limit the top RPM with the smaller props. I was down to 85% ATV with the 17-12...I think.
8. Use CP30 HP Heli.

Colin.