[NSRCA-discussion] Trim Change

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Aug 6 12:32:25 AKDT 2009

I have seen a transmitter problem cause the neutral shift, but this was an old analog encoder in an Ace Silver Seven. :-)  It caused the neutral of EVERY channel to shift.

In your case I seriously doubt the transmitter is the problem. Two different channels, on different sticks -- not likely. I would suspect the servos.

Bob R.

--- On Thu, 8/6/09, J N Hiller <jnhiller at earthlink.net> wrote:

OH I never thought about it being a TX problem. I hope not, I'm using a 9C and it's the only TX I have suitable for pattern.
I have with two identical servos in the same environment acting the same with no effect to the ailerons. I use the TX for several airplanes and will probably fly my backup today. If it's the TX it should offset the rudder and elevator as soon as the RX is turned on.
I don't think it was leaking for three years but it was sever, I could have pulled the stopper out without further loosening of the screw. The threads don't hold very well in the plastic disks and as a designer I would NEVER do this.
Thanks for the heads up on the TX.
Jim