[NSRCA-discussion] FW: AMA $ MAAC Insurance

Dave Reaville dkrev at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 28 16:18:45 AKDT 2009

Folks

Ok I finally have it from the man himself... This is from Larry Rousselle MAAC Insurance Committee Chairman.

Larry writes.......

Hi Folks,
                I say folks as I will copy this response to many of you who asked about this problem. Firstly, good news!!!!! We are covered in the USA and worldwide. My sincerest apology for the delay in clearing this up. As if we do not all have enough to worry about!

While we had no doubt that our insurer would indeed cover us worldwide, we felt that we needed to get it from the 'horse's mouth' to be 100% sure so we had to ask them. We had discussed this issue with our counterparts in the AMA right after the 'Urgent Insurance ' notice was posted on the MAAC web site and they were concerned and requested confirmation. The reciprocal agreement is based on both our coverage's being valid as required by the agreement of course.  However, we ran into a long delay being able to garner a response from the insurer. We did try! And try.  And try...................!

Again, sorry for the added stress. Be assured that there is no problem with flying in the USA or worldwide for that matter. Our President has discussed the situation with the AMA President this evening. The reciprocal agreement is confirmed to still be in effect. Have a great time flying in the USA not to mention Europe for some of you.

Sincerely,

604-857-8929    larryrou at shaw.ca
www.maac.ca

Hopefully the AMA will publish something from their end to help end this issue.... had me going there! April 1st again?? :-)

Dave