[NSRCA-discussion] Fw: Hotel Keys- interesting

Jim Schwagle jschwagl at lausd.net
Fri Apr 3 07:24:56 AKDT 2009

A Google search finds comforting information.....

A few months after the eRumor started circulating in 2003, we began getting inquiries about information said to have come from the Pasadena, California police department about the risk of key cards. The Pasadena police department issued a press release saying that there had been concerns expressed by a detective and his comments got circulated by various individuals before the issue was completely investigated.  The release confirms that Pasadena detectives contacted several large hotels and computer companies using key card technology who confirmed that the key cards are not programmed with personal information and does not have credit card numbers on them.