[NSRCA-discussion] Barbeque

George W.Kennie geobet4 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 08:41:35 AKDT 2009

I love it !
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: billglaze
  To: nsrca- discussion
  Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:26 PM
  Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Barbeque

  To Buff Miller, and Marvin Marozas:
      Fran and I would like to thank you for the kind invitation to your (as always) excellent Annual Barbeque.  We were, of course, happy to accept.  Your idea to hold it at Green Sea Airport was, as usual, an excellent choice of venue, due in no small measure to the beautiful surroundings.
      Your suggestion to us to "be sure and bring a pattern airplane" proved to be excellent advice.  I felt it would be an advantage to be able to fly, while the smell of the roasting pork kept us hungry all day, and waiting for the evening feast.  Thanks also for the great lunch while we were waiting expectantly for dinner.
      While we anticipated that we certainly wouldn't be the only guests invited, we surely were pleasantly surprised to see a great many pattern flyers of our friendship and acquaintance, whose presence we had missed sorely over the winter.  What an added pleasure!
      Then, imagine our surprise when, on Saturday morning, you and Marvin announced that, along with the great barbeque, you were also going to hold a Pattern Contest!   Talk about putting the cherry on top of the Sundae!
      Once again, you have given a great occasion to us all, and we are looking forward to many more of these festive gatherings!
      Thanks for your consideration, and efforts.  Our appreciation goes out to you and all involved in this endeavor.

  Bill and Fran Glaze