[NSRCA-discussion] District mailing lists down?

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Sep 11 09:01:56 AKDT 2008

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:

> go through. Anybody know who to contact?

Hi Bob (and everyone),

If you have problems with any NSRCA mailing lists, please let me know -
I handle their care and feeding.

As far as I know, there have been no recent problems with the list
server.  If you ever feel a need to check whether a particular post
of yours made it to a given list, you can always check the archives
which are updated real time.  In the case of the D4 list, here are the
September archives:

http://lists.nsrca.org/pipermail/nsrca-dist4/2008-September/date.html

Back in May of this year we migrated the distX at nsrca.org lists
to the same Mailman server that the main discussion list uses
(lists.nsrca.org).  For the migration, I put forwards in place on the
old addresses to give folks time to update their address books.  Since
May, the correct addresses for the district lists have been of the form:

nsrca-distX at lists.nsrca.org

Here's the complete list:

Several people have been posting to both the new and old list addresses
which is causing duplicate posts because of the forwards.  Since
they are now causing more harm than good, I'll be removing the
distX at nsrca.org forwards shortly, please update your address books as
appropriate.

Thanks,

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com