[NSRCA-discussion] Advice on battery checkers

Gordon Anderson GAA at owt.com
Fri Sep 5 18:27:06 AKDT 2008

Thanks Rex and Derek for the comments on my Maestro.

The Maestro is more than a battery testing device but that is its main function
. It does test the battery with no load and with a user programmable load, it
then calculates and displays the packs internal resistance. It has programmable
alarms points and two difference voltage profiles you can configure.
The Maestro also measures the pulse width going to a servo from your receiver,
it will drive your servo and you can use it as a data logger.
There are lots of good options available for battery testing, I think the most
important thing is to pay attentions to your flight packs condition with some
kind of load applied to your pack when you test its voltage.
If your interested in the technical details its completely "open source", all
the technical details including a technical description,  schematics and source
code on on m web site. I designed and built this as my entry in a Circuit Cellar
design contest sponsored by Atmel.

--Gordon, www.mstart2k.com

  _____